The MS-5UD-3 is a five-zone FACP (Fire Alarm Control Panel)
and the MS-10UD-7(E) is a ten-zone FACP. These control panels
provide reliable fire signaling protection for small to
medium-sized commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings.
Both panels include built-in communicators for Central
Station Service and remote upload/download.
Each of these FACPs is compatible with System Sensor’s
microprocessor-based i3 series detectors. These conventional
smoke detectors can transmit a maintenance trouble signal to
the FACP indicating the need for cleaning and a supervisory
“freeze” signal when the ambient temperature falls below the
detector rating. Additionally, both the MS-5UD-3 and MS-
10UD-7 are compatible with conventional input devices such
as two- and four-wire smoke detectors, pull stations, waterflow
devices, tamper switches, and other normally-open contact
devices. Refer to the Fire•Lite Device Compatibility Document
for a complete listing of compatible devices.
Outputs include four NACs (Notification Appliance Circuits),
three programmable Form-C relays (factory programmed for
Alarm, Trouble, and Supervisory) and 24 VDC special application
resettable and nonresettable power outputs. The FACPs
supervise all wiring, AC voltage, battery level and telephone
Activation of a compatible smoke detector or any normallyopen
fire alarm initiating device will activate audible and visual
signaling devices, illuminate an indicating LED, sound the
piezo sounder at the FACP, activate the communicator and
FACP alarm relay, and operate an optional module used to
notify a remote station or initiate an auxiliary control function.
New options include a UL listed printer, PRN-6F and FireLite’s
ACT Internet Monitoring module. The FireWatch Series internet
monitoring modules IPDACT-2 and IPDACT-2UD permit
monitoring of alarm signals over the Internet saving the
monthly cost of two telephone lines. Although not required, the
secondary telephone line may be retained providing backup
communication over the public switched telephone line.
NOTE: The MS-10UD-7E offers the same features as the MS-
10UD-7 but allows connection to 240 VAC. Unless otherwise
specified, the information in this data sheet applies to both the 120
VAC and the 240 VAC versions of these panels.
NOTE: For ULC-listed models, see df-60440.
• Listed to UL Standard 864, 9th edition.
• Built-in DACT (Digital Alarm Communicator/Transmitter).
• Style B (Class B) IDC (Initiating Device Circuit)
– MS-5UD-3 – five IDCs.
– MS-10UD-7 – ten IDCs.
• Style Y (Class B) NAC (Notification Appliance Circuit) – special
– MS-5UD-3 – four NACs.
– MS-10UD-7 – four NACs.
• Notification Appliances may be programmed as
– Silence Inhibit.
– Strobe Synchronization for System Sensor, Wheelock,
Gentex, Faraday, or Amseco devices.
– Selective Silence (horn-strobe mute).
– Temporal or Steady Signal.
– Silenceable or Nonsilenceable.
• Optional CAC-5X Style Z (Class A) Converter Module for
NACs and IDCs (2 required for MS-10UD-7).
• Form-C Relays for Alarm, Trouble and Supervisory – Contact
Ratings 2.0 A@ 30 VDC or 30 VAC (resistive).
• 3.0 A total system current for MS-5UD-3.
• 7.0 A total system current for MS-10UD-7.
• Optional Dress Panel DP-51050
• Optional Trim Ring TR-CE for semi-flush mounting.
• 24 volt operation.
• Low AC voltage sense.
• Alarm Verification.
• PAS (Positive Alarm Sequence).
• Automatic battery trickle charger.
• Up to eight ANN-BUS annunciators:
– Optional 8 zone Relay Module ANN-RLY.
– Optional LED Annunciator Module ANN-LED,
– Optional Remote Annunciator ANN-80.
– Optional Remote Printer Gateway ANN-S/PG.
– Optional LED Annunciator Driver ANN-I/O.
• Optional 4XTMF module (conventional reverse polarity/city
PROGRAMMING AND SOFTWARE:
• Can be programmed at the panel with no special software
or additional equipment.
• Programmable Make/Break Ratio.
• Upload/Download (local or remote) of program and data via